We at Hamptons dental can treat you and your family all under one roof as we are proud to call ourselves a family dentist. We have over 20 years of experience and a long list of families who have come to know and trust our team.
A general dentist doesn’t specialize in anything specific and can cover a range of treatments. It is ideal for an individual but if you have a family it can get pricey and time consuming to go from one dentist to another for everyone’s different requirements.
We offer you and your family a range of treatments including pediatric dentistry. We will take the time to sit down with you and address any concerns you might have for your own teeth or for those of your children. We are qualified to care for your infant’s baby teeth, a regular check for an adult and everything in between.
Here are some of the treatments that we offer for pediatric dentistry.
Should your child get cavity a dentist will potentially choose to put in a filling. Our dentists will take into consideration many different factors when deciding what kind of filling to use that will work best for you child.
If your child should need a crown, there are a couple of options that we might use.
- Stainless-steel crown: Baby molars are important for your child to be able to chew properly. Should they get a large cavity in one of these teeth, to preserve it until their adult teeth arrive, your dentist may choose to put a stainless-steel crown on it.
- Zirconia crown: Zirconia is a material that is durable and has a white colour to blend in with the tooth. This crown is typically used for front teeth that have suffered from extreme decay.
- Composite “white” crown: This is a resin-like material used with a plastic tooth form to cover the tooth completely after the decay has been removed.
If you have any questions or concerns about this type of treatment our team are happy to reassure you and give you any details, you require.
This is a procedure where a tooth is fully removed due to infection trauma or other issues. It can prevent trouble in the future with crowding or remove the source of an infection.
Root Canal and Pulp Treatments
There are some different versions of this treatment.
- Pulpotomy: Also called vital pulp therapy is required when the decay has gone deep into the tooth and it involves removing the swollen tissue from tooth.
- Pulpectomy: Also called a Baby Root Canal Treatment and is designed to remove infected or diseased tissue from the tooth. This procedure is done on baby teeth.
- Root canal: This is only done for a child who has their permeant teeth. This is done to remove infected or diseased tissue and restore the function of the tooth.
Learn More About Our Pediatric Dentistry!
Our qualified team members are ready to help you with any questions you may have regarding your child’s dental needs.
At Hampton’s Dental, we pride ourselves on offering a comprehensive service that helps a family for many years to come. We look forward to seeing you and your child.
Call us today to schedule your appointment.